Tom Yum Goong is a delicious soup famous in Thailand, with a simple way you can completely make this dish at home. If you don’t know how to cook delicious Tom Yum Goong then follow the article below to see how to make this dish.
Tom Yum (Thai transliteration is prik pow)
- 4 Tablespoon cooking oil (60 ml)
- 3 Tablespoon finely chopped garlic (About 1 big or half big bulb)
- 3 Sliced dried onion Tablespoon (About 1 big onion or 2 small bulbs)
- 3 Tablespoon red chili pepper (About 5-7 fruits)
- 1 Tablespoon of dried shrimp (about 3-5 children)
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce (15 ml) (Note I use Thai fish sauce is usually salty)
- 2 Tablespoon road
Thai sour shrimp soup
- About 500 ml of bone broth (or can be examined from the meat: D)
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) tom yum sauce
- 2 – 3 Thai lime leaves (if not, you can skip)
- 1-2 branches of lemongrass (or about 2 frozen lemongrass tablespoon)
- 1 piece of galangal
- 1-2 fresh chillies (depending on the degree of spicy people want)
- About 3-4 Tablespoon lemon juice (45-60 ml)
- About 3-4 Tablespoon fish sauce (45-60 ml)
- About 1- 2 Tablespoon sugar
- 5-7 pieces of mushrooms (I don’t have them, so they are also scented with mushrooms)
- About a dozen big shrimps
How to do it
The material sounds troublesome but it is very easy to do. First I will show you how to make Tom Yum sauce, and then it will be a way to cook sour Thai soup
How to make Tom Yum sauce:
Step1: Cut onions, garlic and prepare dried chili (I use chili seeds because I want to spicy)
Step2: Add cooking oil to the pot and heat up the oil. Surfing for garlic, dried onions and dried chilli in yellow brown and then picked it up (in Med-Hi medium heat)
Step 3: Dried shrimp is soaked for about half an hour and then washed, put in a blender (or you can use a chopper), then go to the surf for dry onions, dry garlic and dried chilli to grind to puree.
Step 4: Next turn on the stove and re-use the cooking oil earlier to fry the garlic and chili to dry up. Pour all the ingredients that are ground or pounded into a saucepan and heat on medium heat. Add fish sauce and sugar. Taste the salty and sweet taste. At this time, the whole house is in small fire for 3-5 minutes or until you see everything blending and forming a gelatinous sauce. It can be cooled and stored in a glass bottle and stored in a refrigerator.
How to cook Thai sour soup:
Step 1: This cooking method is quite fast so you should prepare the ingredients first
Cleaned shrimp (dropped, but I like to eat shrimp shells so I don’t peel). Prepare and rinse Thai lemongrass leaves, galangal and lemongrass. Using fresh mushrooms, then clean and cut into pieces to eat or use mushroom to soak and then wash.
Step 2: Pour over bone water or filtered water but add 1-2 tablespoons of seasoning seeds to a saucepan. Next for Tom Yum sauce, then lemongrass, galangal and freshly chopped chili to boil. Seasoning: lemon juice, fish sauce, sugar to make sweet and sour taste. Cut Thai lemon leaves at this time to still have the scent that Thai lemon leaves are not too long for security. Boil and simmer for about 2-3 minutes for the spices to absorb.
Finally, let the mushrooms and shrimps also boil and simmer for about 1-2 minutes for mushrooms and cooked shrimp. Taste it again to suit your taste.
So you have finished the way to cook soup Tom Yum Goong is delicious, good taste, it’s simple, isn’t it? Surely the whole family will have a much better meal. Good luck.